On 18 May 2015, Agnieszka Pajurek made a speech at the conference organised by Adventure Consulting. The subject of the speech was cross-border E-commerce as well as courier and logistic services versus tax obligations.
SSW Law Firm was yet again recommended by the prestigious Ranking Chambers Europe 2015 in the following categories:
- Real Estate / Construction (Band 3) – according to Chambers, the team is known for its extensive experience in advisory services concerning infrastructure, and is recommended and appreciated for depth and complexity of the lawyers' knowledge.
- M&A / Corporate (Band 5 – one level higher than in the previous year) - practice recognised for the first time in the ranking thanks to the experience in restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, and excellent recommendations, i.a.
The firm gives quality advice and provides a comprehensive service. Proactive and commercially minded team.
- Energy and natural resources (Band 3 – one level higher than in the previous year) – according to Chambers, the team stands out due to its complex experience in the mining segment, in the words of its clients: SSW’s natural resources team provides tailor-made, pragmatic advice.
Individual awards went to:
Wojciech Szczepaniak was indicated as Notable Practitioner, whereas Paweł Chyb was recognised for the first time as Other Noted Practitioner w with regard to the merger and acquisition practice.
Maciej Kruś – in the Construction area was recognised as Up and Coming for the experience in infrastructure and environmental protection
Energy and Natural Resources
Dominik Strzałkowski – recognised for achievements in renewable energy sources and recommended as open-minded, helpful and easy-going, and indicated as the Associate to watch.
Piotr Spaczyński – recommended by clients as stellar in specific mining regulations and recognised in Band 3.
We are pleased to announce, that once again SSW Law Firm was recommended by the prestigious Legal 500 Ranking.
This year SSW was awarded in eight categories:
- Corporate and M&A – (Wojciech Szczepaniak’s team distinguished for advisory on share acquisitions)
- Energy and natural resources (praised for its dedicated experts who form a dynamic duo by being as open and communicative as Piotr Spaczyński and as proactive as Anna Piotrowska)
- Tax (distinction for Patrycja Goździowska’s client-oriented team, which treat matters with the utmost care and are especially good with audits and restructuring work, recommendation for Tomasz Wickel, who is very clever, highly experienced and extremely flexible)
- Banking and finance
- Real estate and construction
In addition, for the first time, the following practices were awarded:
- Capital Markets > Debt
- Capital Markets > Equity
Among the recommended lawyers were: Wojciech Szczepaniak, Piotr Spaczyński, Patrycja Goździowska, Akinkayode Robert Phillips, Michał Badowski, Tomasz Wickel and Anna Piotrowska.
Paweł Chyb Ph.D., attorney at law and Doctor of Laws, was appointed Partner in the mergers and acquisitions department. He specialises in corporate law (with particular emphasis on mergers, restructurings and acquisitions) and commercial law. He has extensive experience in legal analysis of corporate entities and as regards M&A transactions, joint-venture projects and restructuring processes.
Szymon Okoń Ph.D., attorney at law, Doctor of Laws and Doctor of Economics, was appointed Partner in the capital markets department. He specialises in capital markets law, finance and banking. He participates in projects to secure financing and to publicize companies, and he offers ongoing advise to issuers, inter alia as regards compliance with their disclosure obligations. He has considerable experience in regulated financial markets, including the creation of investment funds, and with the licensing and supervision of financial institutions.
On 30 March 2015, Joanna Tomaszewska, Ph.D., gave a speech at the conference organised by Multiexpo. The subject of her presentation included legal aspects and security of personal data processing within data centres.
On 18 March 2015, Adventure Consulting organised the conference during which Anita Palukiewicz was a speaker twice. Her presentations referred to new regulations of the amended Geological and Mining Law and new rules of preparing and execution of projects in the scope of hydrocarbons prospecting and production.
On 17 and 18 March, Legal Fair of Practices and Labour took place in Warsaw. SSW Law Firm was involved in the event and presented itself for the third time running.
In the building of Warsaw University Library in Warsaw, prestigious Polish and international law firms and companies related to legal industry presented their offer for students and graduates of legal departments. The fair was attended by nearly 8,000 visitors.
On 12 March 2015, Paweł Chyb gave a presentation at the symposium devoted to the aspects of tax consultancy, inter-generation transfer, and corporate finance organised by Trio Conferences. The subject of his presentation was planning succession as an expression of responsibility for the family and company.
We are pleased to announce that SSW Law Firm has been recognized as the Most Effective Tax Advisory Firm in this year's Ranking of Tax Advisory Firms, prepared by the Gazeta Prawna newspaper.
Granting this award, the editorial jury took into consideration inter alia the results that law firms achieved for their clients, their success in tax litigation and court proceedings, and their effectiveness in acquiring client-friendly tax interpretations from the Minister of Finance.
Furthermore, SSW was recognized as one of the top three Best Advisory Firms of 2014, taking into account the complexity of cases handled and the innovative nature of advice provided.
These awards were granted in the category of companies having between 3 to 9 tax advisors.
Over 70 tax advisory firms participated in this year's ranking.
SSW Distinguished in the Polish Lawyer website ranking: Leaders of Financing Transaction Handling AD 2014
On 23 February 2015, the report-ranking list of the PolskiPrawnik.pl website was published. It described Leaders of financing transaction handling in 2014. The SSW Law Firm was distinguished for the PLN 52 million transaction related to issuing of bonds by Erbud S.A. company. The lawyers in charge of this transaction were Wojciech Szczepaniak and Szymon Okoń - details.