On 15 June 2016, a meeting entitled “International transfers of personal data: new EU Regulation, new practice” was held in the Paris office of UGGC law firm.
Presentations during the seminar dedicated to changes in personal data protection regulations at the EU level were delivered by:
- Dr Joanna Tomaszewska, Attorney at law, Partner and Leader of Intellectual Property, New Technologies and Information Protection Practice of SSW
- Elisabeth Logeais, partner at UGGC Avocats
- Pascale Gelly, advocate, data security administrator at Groupe ADP, well known French lawyer specialising in personal data protection.
- Thomas Selly, advisor in electronic evidence management at Kroll Ontrack
Joanna Wieczorek spoke during Eurosatory – the largest international defence industry trade show which was held in Paris on 13-17 June. Joanna Wieczorek appeared as an aviation law expert and presented Polish legal solutions with respect to unmanned aerial vehicles during a panel titled “Fly rules: Key Factor to turn on the UAV Business”.
SSW and the French law firm UGGC Avocats invite to a meeting in Paris dedicated to personal data protection
Spaczyński, Szczepaniak i Wspólnicy Sp.k. and the French law firm UGGC Avocats are pleased to invite you to a meeting dedicated to personal data protection, which will take place on 15 June between 12:00 -14:30 in Paris, at the offices of UGGC.
The topics to be addressed during the meeting include:
- change is coming – what does the new European regulation on personal data protection mean for the business and how to get prepared for the approaching changes;
- general compliance status of data processing by entrepreneurs in Poland and in France – Polish-French comparison perspective;
- amended DPO regulations and changes in the approach to personal data of sole proprietors – the Polish perspective;
- flow of personal data within a holding organisation, including countries outside of the EEA; how to transfer data according to the applicable regulations – the Polish, French and European perspective;
- enforcement of personal data protection regulations, approach to the ECJ decision – Safe Harbour as seen by the regulators: the Polish GIODO and the French CNIL.
Between 28 May and 4 June 2016, the Constitution Week organised by the Professor Zbigniew Hołda Association took place. As part of this event, Anna Turek led a lesson concerning the law and significance of the Constitution in the citizens life in Waldemar Milewicz High School in Warsaw. The Constitution Week is a nationwide initiative held under the honorary patronage of the Polish Ombudsman.
Patrycja Goździowska appeared as a panellist during 8th Banking Law and Banking Technologies Congress
On 20 May 2016 Patrycja Goździowska, tax adviser, Partner of SSW, participated in a panel titled “Bank tax vs. innovation” during 8th edition of the Banking Law and Banking Technologies Congress.
The discussion concerned, inter alia, the Polish bank tax and its comparison to the regulations in other European countries. The panellists debated whether the Polish bank tax follows the general trend, or is rather an exception (in terms of its design), and discussed its particular features.
Joanna Wieczorek appears as a speaker at a conference on “The safe use of drones in civil airspace”.
Joanna Wieczorek spoke during a conference organised by the Ministry of Infrastructure and Construction on “The safe use of drones in civil airspace”. Her presentation focused on selected questions concerning privacy protection in the context of business operations involving the use of unmanned aerial vehicles.
The conference agenda is presented here: Agenda
Maciej Kruś Ph.D. appears as a speaker during a debate titled “Landscape architect – between garden design and space creation”
On 19 May Maciej Kruś Ph.D. delivered a presentation during a debate titled “Landscape architect – between garden design and space creation”. The meeting organised by the Association of Polish Landscape Architects, Wiekopolska Branch was held at the Horticulture and Landscape Architecture Department of the Poznan University of Life Sciences. The debate focused on topics related to the role of landscape architects in the context of the so-called Landscape Act.
Joanna Wieczorek appeared as an expert in a Rzeczpospolita's television broadcast on drone flying and penalties for drone operators
Joanna Wieczorek appeared in the television programme titled #RZECZoPRAWIE (produced by the Rzeczpospolita Daily) as an expert in aviation law. The recording of the discussion can be found at the following link: VIDEO
On 25 April 2016, a conference titled “Discovering the Secrets of Transaction Advice” was held at the Poznań University of Economics.
During the conference, a presentation entitled “Legal aspects of mergers and acquisitions. Role of legal advisor in the transaction process” was delivered by dr Szymon Okoń – a Partner at SSW and Assistant Professor at the Chair of Investment and Capital Markets of the Poznań University of Economics.
The topics addressed during the conference concerned, inter alia, the process of startup acquisition, the notion of investment banking, the legal aspects of M&A transactions as well as the preparation of a business for a disposal process. Other conference speakers included: Jan Lipczyński - Managing Director, Pearson IOKI, Grzegorz Stabiński - Partner, Bastion Group, Piotr Kucharczyk - Director, CMT Advisory and Paweł Łągwa - Manager, CMT Advisory.
SSW, similarly as in previous years, was recognised in the prestigious independent international ranking Chambers Europe 2016.
Just as in the last year three specialisation areas of SSW were included on the Chambers recommendation list:
- Energy and natural resources
- Real Estate / Construction
- M&A / Corporate
The following lawyers won recognition: