We advise our Clients on infrastructure projects undertaken by private and public entities, including public-private partnerships (PPP), at all stages of their implementation, with particular regard to their compliance with current environmental law at both national and European levels.
The provisions of environmental law are constantly evolving. Accordingly, entrepreneurs are forced to continuously adapt to new standards and environmental regulations. Changes in legislation are most commonly introduced with respect to the concept of sustainable development. Particular consideration must be given to a project’s potential impact on the surrounding environment as soon as the investment-planning phase begins, alongside the completion of necessary documents and permits. Our lawyers have gained extensive experience from their participation in the most complex projects, particularly in the energy, infrastructure and construction industries. Our firm has considerable experience in providing legal services in connection with projects implemented via the PPP formula, which is increasingly used in large infrastructure projects and provides significant growth opportunities for private entities.
Our firm provides comprehensive legal services in support of infrastructure projects at all stages of their implementation - from planning to conclusion. We have advised on specific projects involving, inter alia: energy, traffic, development, service and trade, telecommunications and waste management. We pay special attention to the specificities of a given project sector, which is one of the foundations of ultimate project success. A reliable analysis of such specifics, combined with an analysis of our Clients’ individual needs, determines the manner in which the project is implemented and financed. We ensure the development of a comprehensive foundation for all projects, complete the necessary documentation, conduct negotiations and represent our Clients in proceedings before all public administration bodies and the administrative or common courts.
Our services in the field of environmental protection include offering legal assistance in obtaining any legally required documents and permits concerning the evaluation of a project’s environmental impact, including Nature 2000 sites. We advise on issues regarding waste management and permits required by the Water Law Act. We constantly monitor legislation governing the safe introduction of chemical substances and compounds into the Polish market. Furthermore, we advise on the requirements of the so-called REACH Regulation. Our services also include ongoing supervision of environmental impact assessment procedures, in particular so as to ensure appropriate progress of such procedures. We represent our Clients before the environmental authorities and the authorities of local government units. We participate in meetings with the Regional Directors for Environmental Protection and cooperate with environmental experts to ensure optimal implementation of the project.
Planning and building process
Our services related to building contracts include: preparing and issuing opinions and negotiating documentation connected with the investment process and building work contracts; developing legal and tax structures for development projects; representing clients before public authorities in connection with the preparation and implementation of development projects; or providing holistic advisory services throughout the planning and building process. We also advise on the location of investments (planning and area development) or environmental issues, and we represent clients in court and administrative proceedings concerning the construction and development of real property. We have wide-ranging experience in advising developers and providing ongoing services in connection with completed investments.
- Providing legal support regarding a biogas facility investment, as regards obtaining decisions on land zoning, environmental decisions and building permits
- Advising a company dealing in exploration and extraction on various aspects of environmental law
- Advising an international mining group on environmental law and environmental decisions
- Providing comprehensive legal advice regarding a mine construction project
- Providing comprehensive legal advice on zoning in connection with a wind farms investment
- Assessing the location of renewable energy projects on the basis of a location-decision issued in relation to a public interest investment
- Conducting proceedings to alter the land-use status of agricultural land, based on land zoning and land development, on behalf of a Client from the renewable energy industry
- Providing legal support regarding an investment process involving the reconstruction of railway infrastructure and public roads
- Providing comprehensive legal advice to commercial centres in Poznan, Kielce and Olsztyn regarding an investment process, conducting proceedings and obtaining a decision on environmental constraints
- Providing comprehensive consultation services regarding an investment for the revitalization of tenement houses
- Assisting in waste processing projects subject to the deprivation of waste status procedure
- Advising on a PPP project concerning a water park
- Supporting an investment for the modernization of railway stations
- Advising on a PPP project concerning the expansion of a hospital
|In the 2017 Legal 500 EMEA ranking, SSW was recognised the Real Estate and Construction area.|
In the 2016 Legal 500 EMEA ranking, SSW was recognised the Real Estate and Construction area.
In the 2015 Legal 500 EMEA ranking, SSW was recognised the Real Estate and Construction area.
|In the 2017 Chambers Europe ranking, SSW was recognised in the Real Estate / Construction area. According to Chambers, the practice is experienced in assisting developers and construction companies with all aspects of infrastructure projects. The sectors covered include energy, telecommunications, transport and waste management. The ranking highlights that SSW also provides assistance with property-related disputes. Artur Michalski is the key contact for clients.|
In the 2016 Chambers Europe ranking, SSW was recognised the Real Estate / Construction area. According to Chambers, the team is renowned for supporting construction companies, investment funds and developers. According to clients interviewed by Chambers The firm demonstrates a flawless understanding of both our business and legal needs, and consistently proposes workable, practical and sensible solutions. The lawyers' proactive approach enables us to avoid potential commercial difficulties.
In the 2015 Chambers Europe ranking, SSW was recognised the Real Estate / Construction area. According to Chambers, the team is renowned for its extensive experience in infrastructure projects, and is recommended and valued for depth and complexity of the lawyers' knowledge.
In the 2014 Chambers Europe ranking, SSW was recognised the Construction area. According to Chambers, the team is renowned for its extensive experience, and Dr Maciej Kruś was recognised as Up and Coming