SSW has the qualifications and experience to advise clients from the aviation sector, ie. air carriers, ground handling agents, airport managers, contractors of air carriers, aerospace organizations and associations, manufacturers of aircraft and aircraft parts in a wide range of issues related to their business and operations.
We represent clients in proceedings before the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection, the Inspector General for Personal Data Protection, the Public Procurement Office and in other legal proceedings (including staff matters). Our specialists advise on overarching matters related to regulatory issues and assistance for entrepreneurs in actions before departments of Civil Aviation Authority, such as Register of civil aircraft, Air Operations Department, Department of Air Transport Market, with a view, inter alia, to obtain certificates, concessions for air services, authorizations for air operations. We assist also in approving lease agreements, both in dry lease and wet lease formulas.
We assist air carriers in negotiating and drafting agreements with their contractors, inter alia, aircraft manufacturers, travel agencies, software suppliers, handling companies, catering companies and lessors.
SSW advised on many transactions concerning leasing and financing of aircrafts. Our team assisted, in this respect, foreign and local entities, both with legal and tax services.
SSW tax advisors also advised air carriers and their contractors on tax issues related to the current activities, selling significant assets, financing activities, financing the purchase and operation of the aircraft fleet, as well as restructuring processes.
SSW also advises on competition law issues. Our goal is to ensure the legality of the planned market activities of our Clients.
- Providing legal and tax advice to a US lessor regarding the registration of aircraft in the Polish Register of aircraft and other acts concerning its lease agreement, in order ensure compliance with the rules applied by the Civil Aviation Authority
- Drafting lease agreements compliant with the ACMI/Aircraft Crew Maintenance Insurance formula
- Providing legal and tax advice regarding the division of the leading Polish airline company specializing in the technical servicing of aircrafts
- Providing legal and tax advice to a financial company regarding the sale of property located in Warsaw by a leading Polish air carrier
- Advising on the acquisition of aircraft from a carrier performing domestic flights, pursuant to a pledge agreemen
- Legal and tax counselling on the acquisition of aircraft Embraer 170 by leading Polish air carrier from Brazilian manufacturerLegal counselling for the investor on establishment and operation of the airport
- Assistance with negotiations in favor of an entity involved in the industrial development in order to conclude the sales agreement and subsequent leasing of aircraft Embraer type
- Counselling in negotiations for entrepreneur producing parts for aircraft